Monday, February 23, 2009

February 23, 2009

Good news!! There will be a new Montana adventure again in 2009. I've rented the lower floor of a log cabin which is on Flathead Lake in Bigfork, MT. It's a small 1BR apartment in a daylight basement. I'll have a patio to sit on and watch the sunsets on the lake (plus Dish Network and Wifi -- you know I can't live without those items).

I'll be arriving on May 16 and departing on June 29. Jane told me when I get to the area in May, I'll be in plenty of time to help out with the spring branding -- acutally, I can't wait!!. I think this will give me plenty of time to really get to know the area and all the little towns (remember....Elmo, Arlee, Big Arm, Whitefish, etc.) plus see more of Polson, Missoula, Kalispell, etc. I hope to also visit my friends Kathy and Dwayne Lee in Sula, MT.

This location is about 45 minutes from Glacier National Park, although my experience with Glacier says the roads probably won't be open until the middle of June. I'm about the same amount of time from Whitefish, where Big Mountain resides, and even less time to Kalispell. There is hiking through the Flathead Wilderness, another wilderness area the locals call "the Bob", and the Swan Wilderness. I've been looking at activities, and I see there are hot air baloons, and a helicopter that goes over Glacier National Park -- HERE I COME!! And maybe Jane will even get a couple of horses and we can get to the top of Jette Mountain to see the lake.

(This is a picture of the view of Flathead Lake from the cabin -- neat!!)

There are also guided nature hikes along the "wild mile" of the Swan River every Tuesday in May. There is a farmers market every Wednesday and Saturday in Bigfork, and those have always been fun -- usually have a lot of crafts as well as food. There is also the 33rd Annual Whitewater Festival -- Kayaking races on this "wild mile" of the Swan. And that's just May and that's just Bigfork.

I also plan to look at some real estate with my new friend, Kate. I'll have my Nye property up for sale -- and who knows. Miracles can happen even in this bad economy, and if I sell that, I'll actually have some money to get at least a summer place for myself.

So as you can tell, I'm excited. I've put some pictures of the place I've rented for you all to see. And you know you can always come visit.

No comments: